- email you if there are any problems
- carryout the fit and proper persons check
- arrange an inspection
- if applicable we will ask you to pay the balance of the licence fee when we issue the proposed licence for you to check
- if no representations have been made and the full fee has been paid, we will issue the actual licence
- add your licence details to the public register
We would like you to:
- submit the online application form with all supporting documents and pay licence fee
- check your inbox for any correspondence from us and respond accordingly
- attend the property inspection or make alternative arrangements and advise us of your representative
- read the proposed licence when issued and make representations within the required 14 days
- pay any licence fee balance within the required time.
A Housing Officer will meet you at the property to check the following:
- compliance with licensing standards
- compliance with the HMO Management regulations
- health and safety under the Housing Act 2004
You do not have to meet all the standards at point of application. If compliance work is required, a condition will be applied to your licence with timescales for completion and you will be issued with a schedule of works to complete. Please refer to our Enforcement and Licensing Policy .
Licences will be granted if:
- the property requires a licence;
- a valid application form and fee are received;
- the house is reasonably suitable for occupation for a maximum number of households or persons;
- the proposed licence holder is a fit and proper person and is the most appropriate person to be the licence holder, and;
- the management arrangements are satisfactory.