*This infomation is provided as guidance for Bath and North East Somerset Ward Councillors*
The Ward Councillor Empowerment Fund has been set up to provide every ward councillor with a one off sum of £2,000 to address concerns or needs in their local communities. The funds are now available. The deadline for applications is 30 September 2020 for project completion before 31 March 2021.
An application form and guidance notes have been produced for the fund and these are included in the docments section of this webpage. An on-line application form has been produced to enable applications to be directly submitted without the need to print or download any forms.
Points that should be considered when deciding how to allocate funding: -
- Discuss with local community, residents or neighbourhood groups, parish or town council to seek agreement and support for the priorities within your local area.
- Work with local organisations including parish and town councils, on joint projects where co-funding becomes the enabler for delivery.
- If projects require resources from a council service area, agreement must be received before submitting an application
- All applications will be subject to approval and therefore funding should not automatically be assumed or pledged until written confirmation is given.
- Read the guidance note that have been provided before making an application
- Talk with the Community Engagement Team if you need advice on your ideas, if you are unsure we will be able to talk through your idea and let you know what is possible.
The diagram below shows the two core policies which will underpin every thing the council does. Addressing the climate emergency and giving people a bigger say. We then have three coprporate priorities which will be our key focus for the next four years - preparing for the future, delivering for local reseidents and focusing on prevention. When deciding on the projects that you wish to support consider how the council core policies and prorities fit with these.
All applications need to be submitted by the Ward Councillor to: -
The Community Engagement Team, Bath & North East Somerset Council
By Post - First Floor, The Guildhall, High Street, Bath BA1 5AW
By E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
or by Online Application Form
Dave Dixon – email@example.com 01225 396532
Sara Dixon – firstname.lastname@example.org 01225 396594
Alison Wells – email@example.com 01225 396539
Mark Hayward – firstname.lastname@example.org 01225 396975