*This information is provided as guidance for Bath and North East Somerset Ward Councillors - APPLICATIONS CAN NOT BE SUBMITTED BY THE PUBLIC, ALL FUNDS MUST HAVE AGREEMENT OF THE WARD COUNCILLOR*
The Ward Councillor Empowerment Fund provides every ward councillor with the sum of £1,000 for 2023-24 and then an additional £1,000 for the following two years to address concerns or needs in their local communities.
You are able to find out about earlier funding by using a map is available to view which shows projects from the last two years of the scheme.
An application form and guidance notes have been produced for the fund and these are included in the documents section of this webpage. An on-line application form has been produced to enable applications to be directly submitted without the need to print or download any forms.
Points that Councillors need to consider when deciding how to allocate their funding are: -
- Discuss with local community, residents or neighbourhood groups, parish, or town council to seek agreement and support for the priorities within your local area.
- Work with local organisations including parish and town councils, on joint projects where co-funding becomes the enabler for delivery.
- If projects require resources from a council service area, agreement must be received in writing before submitting your application.
- All applications will be subject to approval and therefore funding should not automatically be assumed or pledged until written confirmation is provided.
- Take time to read the guidance notes that have been provided before making your application.
- Talk with the Community Engagement Team if you need advice on your ideas, if you are unsure, we will be able to talk through your idea and let you know what is possible.
The diagram below is a reminder of the Council values that are set out in the Core Strategy. This is to assist you when you are considering how to allocate your funding.
A range of the successful ideas that received funding to benefit local communities during the last scheme are highlighted below:
- Public realm improvements including, hanging baskets, community gardens. waste bins, noticeboards, and new benches.
- Nature and biodiversity projects.
- Recreational facilities.
- Support to schools including library improvements, thrive room and practitioner, whiteboards.
- Tree planting and improvements to green spaces.
- Support for community halls and associations and for the groups that use these.
- Foodbank initiatives
- Christmas lights
- Youth services and play activities.
All applications need to be submitted by the Ward Councillor to: -
The Community Engagement Team, Bath & North East Somerset Council
By Post - Lewis House, Bath BA1 5AW
By E-mail - email@example.com
or by Online Application Form
The community engagement team are:
Dave Dixon – firstname.lastname@example.org 01225 396532
Sara Dixon – email@example.com 01225 396594
Alison Wells – firstname.lastname@example.org 01225 396539
Mark Hayward – email@example.com 01225 396975