From 17th September to 2nd October 2016 Bath and North East Somerset Council supported British Food Fortnight by co-ordinating a lively programme of events, activities and promotions that celebrate local food and drink, champion healthy eating and support people to develop skills in cooking and growing! Over 30 businesses and organisations took part by hosting a range of events and promotions including food festivals, free cooking and growing courses and special promotions on local and healthy dishes.
B&NES British Food Fortnight Highlights
- The fortnight kicked off in style with the Taste of Timsbury Festival, organised by Timsbury Environment Group. Around 1000 people turned up on a glorious sunny September day to sample the wonderful local produce, hear talks on food related themes and learn top cooking tips from the experts.
- B&NES Primary Schools provided a special British Breakfast lunch prepared from healthy, organic and locally sourced ingredients!
- B&NES Council lanched a new online local food directory to enable residents and visitors to easily find and buy local food and drink! Visit: www.bathnes.gov.uk/localfoodmap
- Online local food store, Fresh-Range.com gave away £800 worth of local food shopping vouchers to 20 new customers in Bath and North East Somerset as part of a special British Food Fortnight competition
- Alice Park Café celebrated local food and drink with an entirely locally sourced menu over the full fortnight along with Cake and Bake sales and a farmers market at the weekends!
View the full programme from 2016.
British Food Fortnight is a national, annual celebration of British Food and Drink that provides an opportunity for community organisations, producers and retailers to share their passion for local food and drink! Bath and North East Somerset Council is supporting British Food Fortnight by co - ordinating a programme of events, activities and promotions that celebrate local food and drink, champion healthy eating and support people to develop skills in cooking and growing.
Check out our events programme!
See our newsletter for the latest programme updates!
B&NES Local Food Directory
As part of British Food Fortnight Bath and North East Somerset Council is developing a new local food directory in partnership with Big Barn, the UK's number 1 local food map, and Fresh - Range.com to enable residents and visitors to easily find and buy local food and drink! Discover local food and shop directly from a range of exceptional local producers and retailers in and around Bath and North East Somerset.
If you are interested in signing up as a Big Barn business member please visit our supplier sign-up pages or get in touch with Big Barn directly at: Ant@BigBarn.co.uk / 01480 890 970 (Be sure to mention that you are a Bath and NES business!)
Win local food shopping vouchers with Fresh - Range.com
Online local food store - fresh-range.com - are giving away £800 worth of food shopping to 20 new Bath & North East Somerset customers during British Food Fortnight and the Great Bath Feast (17th Sept - 9th October 2016).
How do I enter? All new customers living in BA1, BA2 or BA3 postcodes can register (for FREE) to shop with local food producers on www.fresh-range.com during British Food Fortnight to be automatically entered into the competition.
What can I win? 20 winning customers will be randomly selected to receive £40 worth of FREE local food shopping (no minimum spend) in October. All we ask is that you pay for the delivery charge (just £2 in Bath).
Please visit: www.fresh-range.com OR select "home - delivery" on the B&NES Local Food Directory: www.bathnes.gov.uk/localfoodmap
- For further inspiration and ideas for getting involved in British Food Fortnight please visit: http://www.lovebritishfood.co.uk/
- Promotional materials such as posters, bunting and shelf barkers can be downloaded from the British Food Fortnight website: http://www.lovebritishfood.co.uk/resources/promotional-material