Managing your weight
Being the right weight for you height will help you stay healthy. Although many people put on weight as they get older, this can be avoided by building more activity into your daily routine and by eating a healthy diet.
Is your weight affecting your lifestyle and your health?
There are a range of free local programmes for adults either face to face, via an app or online to support you to achieve your goals.
Depending on your needs, our free offer includes Slimming World groups, the Xpert Weight 12 week group programme either face to face or online or App based support from Second Nature. We can also provide short term health coaching to help you decide what’s best for you.
To talk to our wellbeing advisors about a programme to suit your needs call our wellbeing service on 0300 247 0050 (Freephone) or talk to your GP/nurse who will advise on the best programme for you and make a referral.
Are you concerned about your child’s weight? Would you like to improve your cooking skills?
For information on our locally provided free programmes for children, and food and health courses for families please visit:
Call free on 0300 247 0050 to talk to a wellbeing advisor now
For information on the NHS free weight loss plan, BMI calculator, Easy Meals App and other weight loss support please visit https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/lose-weight/
Speak to your GP or local health professional for information and support.
Knowing how to cook is a fundamental skill that enables you to cook tasty, affordable and healthy meals from scratch.
- The NHS recipe pages provide lots of recipes and advice to eat well
- Free cooking skills courses are advertised on our wellbeing college pages www.wellbeingcollegebanes.co.uk
- Healthy eating and cooking courses for families are available at www.bathneshealthandcare.nhs.uk/food-and-health-courses-for-families/
- Bath College offer a range of free adult learning courses including food safety and hygiene and nutrition www.bathcollege.ac.uk/acl
- For information on local food clubs and pantries visit www.banesfoodfinder.org.uk