From 17th September to 2nd October 2016 Bath and North East Somerset Council supported British Food Fortnight by co-ordinating a lively programme of events, activities and promotions that celebrate local food and drink, champion healthy eating and support people to develop skills in cooking and growing! Over 30 businesses and organisations took part by hosting a range of events and promotions including food festivals, free cooking and growing courses and special promotions on local and healthy dishes.
B&NES British Food Fortnight Highlights
- The fortnight kicked off in style with the Taste of Timsbury Festival, organised by Timsbury Environment Group. Around 1000 people turned up on a glorious sunny September day to sample the wonderful local produce, hear talks on food related themes and learn top cooking tips from the experts.
- B&NES Primary Schools provided a special British Breakfast lunch prepared from healthy, organic and locally sourced ingredients!
- B&NES Council lanched a new online local food directory to enable residents and visitors to easily find and buy local food and drink! Visit: www.bathnes.gov.uk/localfoodmap
- Online local food store, Fresh-Range.com gave away £800 worth of local food shopping vouchers to 20 new customers in Bath and North East Somerset as part of a special British Food Fortnight competition
- Alice Park Café celebrated local food and drink with an entirely locally sourced menu over the full fortnight along with Cake and Bake sales and a farmers market at the weekends!
View the full programme from 2016.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.