We offer you a number of ways to make a payment:
- Online or by telephone (24hrs a day)
- Direct Debit (Council Tax & Business Rates only)
- In person (at Council Offices or your local Post Office)
- By post
Payments by credit card will have an additional 2.5% administration charge added to cover the transaction cost. There is no additional charge added to any other transaction type.
We have two secure payment services that are available 24 hours a day. You can use these services to pay Council Tax, Business Rates, Business Improvement District bills, Council Invoices, Curo Housing Rent, Commercial Rent, Garden Waste subscriptions, Libraries Local Studies fees, and Parking or Bus Lane Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs). Please note; PCNs are not available to pay on the day there are issued. They are uploaded ready for payment the next day.
You’ll need to select the type of payment you want to make from the list of options, then enter your account or invoice number, followed by the amount you wish to pay. Please be aware that it can take up to two working days for these payments to show on your account.
- Make a payment online
- Call our automated telephone payments service on 0845 372 3501 (charged at local rate)
HMO licences only
To pay for an HMO licence, please call 01225 396269 during office hours.
This is a simple, safe and speedy way to pay your Council Tax or Business Rates. Your payments will automatically be deducted from your Bank or Building Society account on your preferred payment date (either the 1st or 15th of each month). No amount will be deducted without you having been given notice and you can cancel the Direct Debit at any time.
To pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit:
- Call 01225 47 77 77 (option 1) and have your account number and bank details to hand.
- Download and complete the Direct Debit form.doc (95 KB) and email it back to us at email@example.com, or
- Print and complete the Direct Debit form.pdf (28 KB) and post it to Council Tax, PO Box 2797, Bath, BA1 1WF.
To pay your Business Rates by Direct Debit:
- Call 01225 47 77 77 (option 4) and have your account number and bank details to hand.
- Download and complete the Direct Debit form.doc (94 KB) and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Print and complete the Direct Debit form.pdf (28 KB) and post it to Business Rates, PO Box 2797, Bath, BA1 1WF.
At Council Offices
Payments can be made at Council Connect in Bath, Keynsham and Midsomer Norton. Self service payment kiosks are available for cash (maximum £2,000), cheque, debit and credit card payments. You will need to have your account / reference / invoice number with you. Automatic receipts are provided for the payment(s) you have made.
Paying your Council Tax at your local Post Office
If you have a plastic payment card you can pay your Council Tax at your local Post Office. You must always allow for at least 7 days for the payments to reach your Council Tax account. All cheques should be made payable to “Post Office Ltd”. Please also keep your receipt as this is your proof of payment.
To request a Post Office payment card, please email your full name, address and Council Tax account number to email@example.com. Payment cards usually arrive within 2-3 weeks from receipt of your request.
Please make cheques payable to Bath & North East Somerset Council. Write your name, address and account / reference number on the back of your cheque and send it to the address given on your bill or invoice. We cannot accept post-dated cheques and we do not send receipts for cheque payments.
Please note that it can take several days to process cheques so allow plenty of time for your payment to be credited to your account.