Managing your weight
Being the right weight for you height will help you stay healthy. Although many people put on weight as they get older, this can be avoided by building more activity into your daily routine and by eating a healthy diet.
The Slimming on Referral scheme provides free vouchers to Weightwatchers or Slimming World for people over 18 years old who meet the scheme criteria.
Speak to your GP or local health professional or contact the Healthy Lifestyle Service for more information.
Knowing how to cook is a fundamental skill that enables you to cook tasty, affordable and healthy meals from scratch.
- The NHS recipe pages provide lots of recipes and advice to eat well
- Check out the Cardiologist’s Kitchen for tasty, heart – healthy recipes
- Keep it Simple Cookery is a Big Barn initiative to help people find recipes using seasonal, cheaper ingredients. You can browse the videos or upload your own and become the next famous TV chef!
Healthy weight management and cookery for children and families
A range of local weight management cookery programmes are available for families and young people including:
- Let’s get healthy with Henry – a parenting programme for families with children under 5 years
- SHINE – a weight management programme for young people (aged 10 – 17) and their families
- Cook It – a free 6 week cooking skills course for parents and carers, with crèche facilities provided
For more information on the above contact the Sirona Healthy Lifestyle Service.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.