Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 November 2021
A packed weekend programme all about trees - online and on-the-ground.
As part of the programm, we are excited to announce a new writing competition on the theme of ‘trees in parks and public gardens’.
Writing Competition - write about trees in parks and public gardens
We invite you to write a poem or story in fewer than 250 words about trees in parks and public gardens. Can you express in words your feelings, love or respect for those trees, or tell us something about how they came to be in those parks and public gardens, or how they are cared for and managed, or describe the places from where they came, their histories through their lives?
We know how special trees are and how important it is to have trees in parks and public gardens close to where we live. Tell us about the trees that are nearby to you and what value they bring to your neighbourhood now.
How to take part:
- Write a poem or story in 250 words or under
- On the theme of ‘trees in parks and public gardens’
- Include your home postcode and the name of your local park or public garden
- Submit your written piece in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free to enter but limited to 2 submissions per person
- Competition deadlines: Monday 1 November 2021 or when we receive 125 submissions
Full programme for the Tree Weekender coming soon!
Sydney Gardens Tree Weekender is a partnership project between ReThinking Cities and the Sydney Gardens Project.
Rethinking Cities run many participatary programmes including the Urban Tree Festival.