The Diamond Travelcard is a concessionary bus pass offering free off-peak bus travel for older people and those with disabilities who live in Bath & North East Somerset.
Important changes to Diamond Travelcard scheme from 1st July 2016
From 1st July 2016, Diamond Travelcards and other English national concessionary passes will no longer be accepted for free off-peak travel on bus service A1 (Bristol – Bristol Airport) or on the section of bus service A4 between the Airport Tavern and Bristol Airport. The fares charged on these services for travel to and from Bristol Airport are higher than general bus fares and fall outside the scope of the national concessionary travel scheme.
Bath Bus Company, which operates bus service A4, will make child fares available to concessionary pass holders over the section of route between the Airport Tavern and Bristol Airport. Concessionary pass holders will be able to continue using their passes for free travel (except between 0400 and 0900 Mondays to Fridays) on the rest of the A4 route between the Airport Tavern and Bath.
- Eligibility for a Diamond Travelcard
- What the Council requires for proof of entitlement if you ARE of pensionable age
- What the Council requires for proof of entitlement if you ARE currently in receipt of automatically qualifying benefits
- What the Council requires for proof of entitlement if you are NOT currently in receipt of automatically qualifying benefits
Applying for a Diamond Travelcard
If you wish to apply for a Diamond Travelcard, please read the guidance here or visit a council One Stop Shop in Bath, Keynsham or Midsomer Norton. Application forms are no longer accepted.
- All you need is evidence of eligibility and proof of residence in Bath & North East Somerset.
- One of our Customer Service Officers will check the information you provide and take your photograph at no cost. Your card will be printed while you wait.
- This service also applies to lost or stolen cards, as we will be able to confirm the status of your card and issue a replacement.
- Please note that there will be a non-refundable charge for replacing lost cards.
- If you are reporting a stolen card, you will need to report the theft to the Police first. We will ask you for the crime reference number that the Police give you.
- Please note that if you are applying for a large number of passes you will need to make an appointment in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.