What is the Dial-a-Ride and what can I use it for?
Dial-a-Ride is a door to door fully accessible minibus service. You can use this service to:
- Go shopping.
- Visit key city destinations.
- Play an active part in community life.
Where can I go?
The Dial-a-Ride service can be used for journeys within the Bath City boundaries, as shown on the map in the leaflet which is available as a download in the Documents section. Please note that only some medical appointments can be catered for - you should discuss this with the co-ordinator. The Dial-a-Ride has extended its service to included Bathford and Batheaston on Mondays and Fridays between 9am and 2.30pm.
Am I eligible?
Any resident of Bath who CAN NOT use conventional public transport is eligible to register for this service. If you are unsure whether you are eligible please contact the office between 10.00am and 12 noon, on 01225 335019.
How do I register?
People wishing to use the service must first register with the scheme. This involves completing a simple registration form.
The dial-a-ride leaflet (complete with registration form) is available:
- By telephoning the scheme's co-ordinator on 01225 335019, or
- By downloading the dial-a-ride leaflet (complete with registration form) from the right hand side of this page, filling it in by hand and posting it to The Coordinator, Bath Dial-a-Ride, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Transport Centre, Windsor House, Windsor Bridge Road, Bath, BA2 3DT.
When does the service operate?
There are two buses working constantly within the service hours. The service operates between 9.30 am and 2.30 pm from Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
How much will it cost?
Within the Bath boundary, any return journey will cost £6 and a single journey will cost £3. Diamond Travelcard holders are entitled to a 50% discount.
How do I book a journey?
Once your registration is confirmed, telephone the booking line between 9.45am and 12 noon the day before your intended journey, on: 01225 335019
Journeys can be booked up to a maximum of 7 days in advance.
When you book your journey:
- Don’t forget to book your return journey if needed.
- Please be ready 10 minutes before your journey time.
- We do our best to meet all requests. However we do operate on a first come first served basis.
- We may ask you to alter your desired journey times slightly.
- We reserve the right to refuse or defer an application for registration, to ask for additional information in support of an application or to cancel any existing registration.
- All wheelchairs must be risk assessed by us before we can transport you.
- A leaflet is available as a download from the Documents section in the right hand column of this page.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.