Residents' Associations and Community Action Groups
Within Bath and North East Somerset there are a number of Residents' Associations and Community Groups representing the interests of a particular area.
These groups may be formed because residents are concerned about a particular issue, or simply because they want to improve community spirit and make their neighbourhood a better place to live. By coming together as a group, acting with a single voice, that voice becomes more powerful. The Council and its partner organisations recognise the value of such groups in highlighting issues, informing decision making and playing a role in shaping the future of their communities.
Contact details and websites for many of the local groups can be found on this page and more will be added in due course. Those interested can also contact the Communities Engagement Team in their local area for further information.
Bath and Environs
The Federation of Bath Residents' Associations website has contact details for most of the groups in the City.
Other Bath groups:-
- Widcombe Association - Jeremy Boss (Chairman) E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- TARA – The Abbey Residents Association - Ian Perkins - Chairman TARA email@example.com www.tarabath.org - http://tarabath.blogspot.co.uk
CCAG – The City Centre Action Group
- Batheaston Forward - the residents association for Batheaston' - Steve Frayling (Chair). E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- CARA – The Circus Area Residents’ Association
- London Road and Snow Hill Partnership - Alex Schlesinger (Chair). Tel: (01225) 469282 or (01225) 338818
The Community Engagement Team for Bath and Environs is Mark Hayward and Dave Dixon
Keynsham and Chew Valley
- Keynsham South Forum
- Saltford Community Association - Sue Dixon email@example.com
The Community Engagement Team for Keynsham and Chew Valley are Sara Dixon and Alison Wells.
Somer Valley (Midsomer Norton, Radstock and Surrounding Area)
- Peasedown 1st
- Redfield Road Residents Association, Midsomer Norton
- Radstock Action Group
- Clandown Residents' Association
The Community Engagement Team for the Somer Valley are Sara Dixon and Alison Wells.