What do I do if my car has been clamped?

If your car has been clamped then you will also have been issued with a Penalty Charge Notice; you will need to pay this, plus a clamp removal fee of £40. You can pay these charges at one of the Council’s One Stop Shops

What do I do if my vehicle has been removed?

The Council will notify the Police if your vehicle has been removed. You will need to contact the Councils approved removal contractor, Hintons Recovery on 01225 448025.

To secure the release of your vehicle you will need to provide the following:

  • Personal identification
  • Proof of vehicle ownership
  • A valid Certificate of Motor Insurance or V5 registration document
  • Proof of residence such as a utility bill issued within the last three calendar months

How much does it cost for my vehicle to be released?

  • Vehicle Removal Fee £105
  • Vehicle Storage £12 per day
  • Vehicle Disposal (if not claimed) £50

How do I appeal the decision to clamp or remove my vehicle?

You can challenge the process by following the instructions on the back of the Penalty Charge Notice or other documentation you receive. We must receive your letter within 28 days of your vehicle being released.

If your challenge is rejected, you will receive a letter explaining why and containing information about your right to appeal to an independent adjudicator called the Traffic Penalty Tribunal.

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 1.1 (7 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.