Economic & Business Development
The Council's Economic Development service exists to support business growth and development across Bath and North East Somerset.
The document gives an overview of the Bath and North East Somerset economy and contains ambitious targets for growth including notably:
- To achieve a net jobs growth of 11,500 jobs across the Bath area by 2030
- To achieve improved productivity, average earnings and job sustainability across the Bath area.
Information for businesses
The Council's Economic development team has assembled an online hub to help businesses to find out more about the business community, business support and advice packages, local and sub-regional business networks, premises and development opportunities in Bath and across the District - at www.investinbath.co.uk/business
You can also contact us on 01225 394285 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help your business.
Cultural & Creative Strategy 2015-2020
Alongside the Economic Strategy, the Council has published the Cultural & Creative Strategy Review 2015-2020. The strategy contributes to the delivery of the Economic Strategy.
Local Enterprise Partnership
Targets for local growth are programmed into partnership working by both the public and private sectors. In particular via opportunities created by the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership whose priority activities include:
- The provision of appropriate and modern workspace
- Inward investment promotion
- Promotion of business support programmes, including free face-to-face business support and advice
- Improving access to broadband
- Education and businesses working together for mutual benefit