On 31st May 2017 Bath and North East Somerset Council’s Environment & Design Team, together with the Bathscape Partnership and the Mendip Hills AONB Partnership, in junction with Locality held a neighbourhood planning workshop in Keynsham focusing on landscape, ecology and environmental matters.
The event was attended by 35 delegates and aimed to provide groups at all stages, with the skills and tools required to deliver and adopt a high quality neighbourhood plan. The presentations can be found below:
- Cllr Liz Richardson, Cabinet Member for Planning – top three tips for considering landscape in your Neighbourhood Plan
- Cleo Newcombe-Jones, Senior Planner – An Introduction to including Environmental Issues in Neighbourhood Plans
- Andrew Sharland, Senior Landscape Architect – Including Landscape in Neighbourhood Plans
- Di Shepherd, Ecologist – Including Ecology in Neighbourhood Plans
- Cindy Carter, Mendip Hills AONB – Considering the AONB in your Neighbourhood Plan.
Earlier, on 25th January 2017, Bath and North East Somerset Council and Mendip Council in junction with Locality held a neighbourhood planning workshop in Bath city for parish councils and local groups across the south west region.
The event was attended by over 150 delegates and aimed to provide groups at all stages, with the skills and tools required to deliver and adopt a high quality neighbourhood plan. The topics covered by industry experts included:
- The Power of Neighbourhood Planning by Lorraine Hart of Locality
- Over coming legal issues by Maria Lucas of Bath and North East Somerset Council
- The Politics of Planning and working with consultants by John Baker of Peter Brett Associates
- Experiences in Neighbourhood Planning, Lessons learned from Neighbourhood Plans in Bristol by Sarah O’Driscoll of Bristol City Council
- Strategic Environmental Assessment by Neil Davidson of Lepus Consulting
- Working with the Historic Environment by David Stuart of Historic England
- Ecology, Landscape Assessment and Green Infrastructure in Neighbourhood Planning and by Andrew Sharland and Kären Renshaw of Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Writing effective planning policies by Natasha Durham of Mendip District Council
The presentations from each speaker can be downloaded via the above links.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.