- Forthcoming Consultation: Winter 2018
- Previous Consultation: Consultation on the Issues and Options: 22nd November 2017 to 10th January 2018
- Consultation on the West of England Joint Spatial Plan
Last updated: 8th February 2018
Bath & North East Somerset is preparing a new Local Plan for the District, through which the Core Strategy is being reviewed. The new Local Plan is being prepared alongside the West of England Joint Spatial Plan which will provide a new strategic planning context for all four West of England Districts for the period 2016 - 2036. Consultation on the Draft Joint Spatial Plan is also taking place now (see below).
The new B&NES Local Plan will include a strategy to guide development, site allocations (including strategic development locations and smaller sites) to meet development requirements and district-wide Development Management policies for determining planning applications.
In the Winter 2017 Issues & Options document it was proposed that there would be two further stages of informal consultation (under regulation 18) on options and preferred options (in spring & summer 2018 respectively) prior to preparation and publication of the Draft Local Plan in late 2018. In order to simplify informal consultation there will no longer be consultation in spring 2018 and the next stage of consultation will be on an Options document in Winter 2018.
The Local Plan Options will be considered by the Council’s Cabinet on 31st October 2018. Subject to Cabinet’s approval, we are intending to consult on the Options between 12th November and 21st December 2018. This will deal with the comprehensive range of issues being addressed by the Local Plan. Comments on the Local Plan Options document will be used to inform preparation of the Draft Local Plan to be published in 2019.
If you would like to be informed of this and future consultations by the Planning Policy Team please email email@example.com to ask to be added to the mailing list.
In November 2016 the Council published a Commencement Document when people had the opportunity to comment on the issues to be addressed in the Plan. The consultation covered for four broad areas:
- Vision & Priorities
- Where new development should be located
- Strategic Development Locations
- University growth and student accommodation requirements
The consultation documents, background evidence and on-line consultation portal are available via the links below:
- B&NES Local Plan Options Stage 1 document
- Evidence Base and Background Papers (Updated 21/12/2017)
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Habitats Regulations Appraisal (HRA) Assessment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Comments submitted during the consultation
You can also view the the B&NES Local Plan Options Stage 1 document at the following locations during opening hours:
- Council offices:
- The One Stop Shop, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG
- The Hollies, Midsomer Norton, Bath, BA3 2DP
- Civic Centre One Stop Shop, Temple Street, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1LA
- At all public libraries in the District, including the mobile libraries
Please note that consultation on the B&NES Local Plan Options took place in parallel with that on the Joint Spatial Plan. These were two separate consultations. Further information on the Joint Spatial Plan Examinationcan be found on the West of England website https://www.jointplanningwofe.org.uk