This page gives access to the retail studies that form part of the LDF / RDP Evidence Base. Information on the status of the documents below, as well as on the other topic areas, can be accessed from there.
Please read the important information regarding the LDF/RDP evidence base studies before accessing and reading the document below:
- Retail Floor Space Capacity Assessment (GVA, 2011) - Report and Appendices.
- Bath & North East Somerset Retail Study 2014 – Stage 1 Interim Report (November 2014)
- Bath & North East Somerset Retail Study 2014 – Stage 2 Report (July 2015)
This document sets out a proposed strategy for retailing and retail development forming part of the evidence base for the Local Development Framework. The findings of the study will be used to inform the development of the policy and delivery framework up until 2026.
Please see the covering note for LDF/RDP evidence base studies before reading the documents below.
- The Retail Strategy report is available by clicking here.
- Annex A: Quantitative Need for New Retail Development. This annexe provides a full description of the forecasting methodology and the detailed forecasts of quantitative need for new retail floorspace.
- Annex B: Retail Review and Customer Profile Report. This annexe sets out a review of Bath city centre’s current offer, an analysis of the profile of its customer catchment and a review of each of the market town centres.
For further information please contact Development and Major Projects on 01225 477696 or Major_Projects@bathnes.gov.uk.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.