- Examination Hearings in 2014
- Consultations on amendments to the Core Strategy in 2013
- Examination of the Core Strategy in 2013
- Examination of the Core Strategy prior to its suspension in 2012
- Examination Documents
- Examination Participants' Statements
- Contacting the Inspector and the Programme Officer
Last updated: 27th March 2014
This page contains information relating to the examination of the Core Strategy which commenced on 3rd May 2011. Information on the preceding stages, from launch of the document to its submission to the Planning Inspectorate for examination is available on the Core Strategy History page.
27th March 2014: A number of statements have been submitted by Participants at the Hearings. These are available on the Examination Participants' Statements page via this link.
24th March: The Council has published an addendum to the Habitat Regulations Assessment (BNES/55) and a corrected version of HRA of the Proposed Changes to the Core Strategy (March 2013) (CD9/A2/A).
20th March 2014: The Inspector has issued an updated Hearings Programme.
19th March 2014: The Inspector has issued the a Euidance Note and Examination Hearings Agendas for 8th, 9th and 10th April 2014:
- ID/48 Agenda, 8th April 2014: Whitchurch
- ID/48A Agenda, 9th April 2014: Affordable Housing and Sustainable Construction. Please note that in document BNES/53 paragraph 4.2, part 3 the Council has explained the differences between the 2 versions of the study –the difference relates to base costs on electricity and gas consumption. The February 2014 version (CD12/9) supersedes the October 2013 version (CD10/E16).
- ID/48B Agenda, 10th April 2014: Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Showpeople
- The Inspector has issued ID/49, an update for the Hearings on National Planning Policy Guidance and on Minister's letters on Inspectors' reports concerning the Green Belt.
18th March 2014: Please note that CD12/21 (SHLAA Housing Trajectory 2011-2029 Changes) has been split into ‘a’ and ‘b’, with the March 2014 housing trajectory now presented in excel format so that it can be used interactively. The file is can be accessed through the Core Documents List. Please also note the following correction to the contents:
A couple of errors that were highlighted in column ‘Z’ of the Bath and Somer Valley tabs have now been corrected. Cells D37-38 of the Bath tab (re BWR:Building B16) have been changed from 98 to 53, thus relfecting the figure of 53 in L 37-38. The trajectory figures for 2015/2016 to 2019/2020 for Radstock Railwayland have been changed so that they match the totals in cells D35-37. Finally, some of the figures in the accompanying note under the ‘headlines’ section did not quite match with the trajectory. The figures have been changed and these are highlighted.
14th March 2014: The Council has submitted its response (BNES/54) to the Inspector’s request set out in ID/45. The Council has also submitted further documents to the Examination which have been added to and can be accessed through the Core Documents List.
3rd March 2014: The Inspector has now issued the information below for the Examination Hearings between 25th March and 10th April 2014
- ID/45 Guidance Note
- Hearings Programme
- Agendas for Hearing Sessions in Weeks 1 and 2
- ID/46 Agenda, 25th & 26th March 2014: The Spatial Strategy, the Housing Requirement, Housing Delivery and 5 Year Land Supply
- ID/46A Agenda, 27th March 2014: The Planned Review of the Core Strategy, General Green Belt Issues and the Role of the Placemaking Plan
- ID/47 Agenda, 1st April 2014: Odd Down
- ID/47A Agenda, 2nd April 2014: Weston
- ID/47B Agenda, 2nd April 2014: Possible Additional/Alternative Green Belt Sites
- ID/47C Agenda, 3rd April 2014: Keynsham
- More Information is available on the 2014 Examination Hearings page which has been updated accordingly (including maps showing the location of both venues for the Examination Hearings).
14th February 2014:
- The comments made during the 2013 Consultation on Proposed Changes to the Submitted Core Strategy are available here. Copies of the comments submitted (including the accompanying material) can be viewed at the One Stop Shop, 3-4 Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JQ.
- The Council has issued BNES/53 which sets out the Council’s response to the Inspector’s note ID/44 and explains the information submitted to the Inspector for the Hearings commencing in March 2014.
- A number of Statements of Common Ground (SCG) have been prepared between the Council and the various landowners/developers/promoters of the Green Belt sites proposed for allocation in the Core Strategy amendments. These are available on the Examination Documents page via this link.
- The Examination Hearings will recommence on 25th March and will extend over 3 weeks. Details of these Hearings are available on a dedicated page via this link.
- The Council and other Examination Participants have submitted new evidence to the Inspector in advance of the Hearings commencing in March 2014, which is available via this link. The evidence has also been added to the Core Documents List which is available here.
6th January 2014: The Inspector has issued ID/44 on the progressions of the Core Strategy Examination Hearings.
Further news items are available on the Core Strategy News Archive page.
The Inspector has confirmed that the hearings will recommence on Tuesday 25th March and will extend over 3 weeks. Further details on these hearings in terms of the venue, programme/topics covered and agendas can be on a dedicated page available via this link.
Two consultations on the Core Strategy took place within 2013. Details, including the comments submitted, are available via the links below:
The Schedule of Proposed Changes to the Submitted Core Strategy (March 2013) was agreed by Council on 4th March 2013 and published for between 26th March and 8th May 2013 for public comment. This consultation is now closed and the comments made are available here.
Comments were invited on the Core Strategy Amendments between 11th November and 20th December 2013. This included strategic site allocations and the placemaking principles relating to their development and to the related Green Belt boundary changes. This consultation is now closed and the comments made are available here.
At the Inspector's requested a hearing took place on 17th September 2013 to look at the Scope of the Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) - see ID/35.
The Examination of the Core Strategy began on 3rd May 2011. The Examination was suspended between September 2012 and June 2013. Information on this stage is available here.
The documents associated with the Core Strategy Examination are available via this link. Documents issued before the examination are available within the Core Strategy History pages, on the Core Strategy Documents.
The Council has also prepared a Core Documents List which lists the documents that are referred to in the Core Strategy and the Council's submissions to the Examination.
Participants at the Examination Hearings were invited by the Inspector to submit statements at a number of stages.
- in preparation for the Examination Hearings
- relating to the SHLAA
- responses to B&NES Statements issued during the Examination Hearings
- representations on the Schedule of Informal Changes
- relating to the Duty to Co-operate
- relating to the implications of the NPPF and Policy for Traveller Sites
The Planning Inspectorate appointed Simon Emerson BSc Dip TP MRTPI to conduct the Examination. The Programme Officer, Chris Banks, acts as a liaison between the Inspector, the Council and Examination Participants.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.