- The Adopted Core Strategy and the Planning Inspector's Report
- The Development Plan for Bath & North East Somerset
- Policy Maps
Last updated: 23rd January 2015
This page contains information relating to the Adopted Core Strategy. Information on the stages that led to the document's adoption, from launch of the document to its submission to the Planning Inspectorate for examination, is available on the Core Strategy History page.
The Core Strategy for Bath and North East Somerset Council was formally adopted by the Council on 10th July 2014.
The six week period during which a legal challenge to the adoption of the Core Strategy could be raised ended on 22nd August 2014. No legal challenge has been received.
The Core Strategy now forms part of the Development Plan for the District (see below) and will be used in the determination of all planning applications submitted to the Council alongside policies in the Joint Waste Core Strategy (2011) and those saved policies in the Local Plan (2007) not replaced by the Core Strategy.
The Adopted Core Strategy is available below, with other relevant documents:
- The Adopted Core Strategy. Please note that this file is 11.4 MB.
- Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Main Report (July 2014) which includes list of the following annexes: Annex A; Annex B; Annex C; Annex D; Annex H; Annex I; Annex J; Annex L; Annex M: Volumes 1 and Volume 2; Annex N is subsumed within Annex D; and Annex O.
- Sustainability Appraisal incorporating Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement.
- Habitats Regulations Report (July 2014)
The Planning Inspector's final report, in which he found the Core Strategy sound subject to a number of modifications, is available below:
- The Planning Inspector's Final Report
- The Schedule of Inspector's Recommended Main Modifications to the Submitted Core Strategy
- Annex to the Schedule of Inspector's Recommended Main Modifications to the Submitted Core Strategy - Diagram and Maps
Copies of all of the above documents are also available for public inspection, free of charge at the following locations Mondays –Thursdays (9am – 5pm), Fridays (9am - 4.30pm):
- Council offices:
- The One Stop Shop, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG
- The Hollies, Midsomer Norton, Bath, BA3 2DP
- Riverside, Temple Street, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1LA
- At all public libraries in the District during opening hours, including the mobile libraries
Following the adoption of the Core Strategy, there is a six week period during which any person aggrieved by the Core Strategy could make an application to the High Court under Section 113 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 on the grounds that the document is not within the appropriate powers, or that a procedural requirement has not been complied with.
For information the webcast of the meeting can be viewed via this link and the Council Report can be accessed here (see Item 8).
From 10th July 2014 the Development Plan for Bath and North East Somerset comprises:
- Bath & North East Somerset Adopted Core Strategy (Link to the Pre-publication version). Please note that this file is 8.25 MB.
- Saved policies from the Bath & North East Somerset Local Plan (2007)
- West of England Joint Waste Core Strategy (2011) which supersedes all 2007 Local Plan policies on Waste apart from Policies WM.4 and WM.9
A number of policies in the Core Strategy require changes or additions to the existing Policies Map (previously known as the Proposals Map). The interactive Policies Map is being updated to reflect these changes. This can be accessed via the top right-hand corner of every page of the Council’s website through the Services in Your Area and ‘My Maps’ function, or directly via this link to the Local Plan map.
In the meantime, the existing Policies Map should be read in conjunction with changes in the interim Core Strategy document. Please note that the Policies Map is being updated to reflect the agreed extension to the South Stoke Conservation Area.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.
The information you have provided may be shared across Bath and North East Somerset Council for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless your consent has been given or the law allows this.
The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can, under this legislation, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.
Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.
The Council’s Information Compliance Office can be contacted on (01225) 477000 or via email at email@example.com