The Bath and North East Somerset Virtual School for Children in Care can help you place a child in a school in the Bath & North East Somerset Schools area. Applications should be made through the Bath and North East Somerset Admissions and Transport team.
- Provide information about local schools and discuss the child's needs with you.
- Support applications to ensure timely admission to the most appropriate provision.
Our expectations of placing authorities are that they will:
- Inform the Bath and North East Somerset Virtual School head of the intention to place a child in a Bath and North East Somerset school or advise that a child has been placed.
- Commit to providing all relevant information about the child to support a placement including previous PEPs where appropriate.
- Provide a named link person within the home local authority for ongoing contact.
- Work with the designated teacher as required.
- Allocate the Pupil Premium and other resources they may have as appropriate.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.
The information you have provided may be shared across Bath and North East Somerset Council for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless your consent has been given or the law allows this.
The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can, under this legislation, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.
Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.
The Council’s Information Compliance Office can be contacted on (01225) 477000 or via email at email@example.com