The Bath and North East Somerset Virtual School for Children in Care can help you place a child in a school in the Bath & North East Somerset Schools area. Applications should be made through the Bath and North East Somerset Admissions and Transport team.
- Provide information about local schools and discuss the child's needs with you.
- Support applications to ensure timely admission to the most appropriate provision.
Our expectations of placing authorities are that they will:
- Inform the Bath and North East Somerset Virtual School head of the intention to place a child in a Bath and North East Somerset school or advise that a child has been placed.
- Commit to providing all relevant information about the child to support a placement including previous PEPs where appropriate.
- Provide a named link person within the home local authority for ongoing contact.
- Work with the designated teacher as required.
- Allocate the Pupil Premium and other resources they may have as appropriate.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.