An online application form is currently being developed, but the following form is available in Word format for you to complete electroncilally and send by email, or print and send by post:

Dangerous Wild Animals (DWA) Licence Application Form - MS Word (29.9 kb)

Supporting Documentation

Your application form must be accompanied by:

  • the fee; and
  • a site plan; and
  • a vet’s inspection report (to be obtained and paid for by you)
Details of vets who can carry out inspections at DWA establishments                     

Further Requirements

You must not be disqualified from any of the following at the time of the application:

  • keeping any dangerous wild animals;
  • keeping a dog;
  • having the custody of animals;
  • keeping a pet shop;
  • keeping an animal boarding establishment;
  • keeping a riding establishment;
  • keeping a dog breeding establishment.

An applicant must also hold a current insurance policy which insures them against liability for any damage which may be caused by the animal(s).

More pages about Dangerous Wild Animals (DWA) Licences

Help us improve this content

Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

Your rating: 

No votes yet
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.