Changes to your rubbish collection services from 6 November 2017 - you should have received your personalised letter in March
We have written to you to let you know how the changes affect you - your letter lets you know whether we have allocated your property a wheeled bin or re-usable rubbish bag, and the frequency of your rubbish collection. Most residents will have received this letter with their Council Tax Bill which was mailed out from 9 March.
You can check your bin allocation by entering your address at this page: www.bathnes.gov.uk/recycle
Please click on the following links or scroll down to find out more about our collection services.
- Order a container
- Check your collection day
- Our collection services
- Putting out your recycling and rubbish
- Help with putting your waste out
To order a recycling container online please go to order a container
You can find out your collection day by entering your postcode or street name into Services in Your Area.
We currently provide weekly recycling and rubbish collections to all households across the area.
Click on the links to find out more about each service.
- Recycling collections
- Rubbish collections
- Garden waste collections
- Recycling collections for flats
- Collection service for large items
- Clinical waste collections
- Help with your collections
- Please put your recycling and rubbish out by 7am on your collection day (and no earlier than 8pm the night before)
- Put your containers at the front edge of your property where they can easily be seen - please make sure they do not obstruct the pavement or walkway.
- Bring your emptied containers back in on your collection day ASAP and please make sure that if you live within the heritage area of Bath you store your containers out of sight (not on railings or doorsteps)
- Do not use the litter bins to dispose of household waste – this is classed as fly tipping and you could be fined.
- Your rubbish collection is only for items that cannot be recycled. Please make sure that you make full use of the food, green box and blue bag recycling collections. Please separate the different items that go in your recycling box and rinse out food and drinks containers.
- Do not put out large or hazardous items and please make sure that sharp items or broken glass are wrapped thoroughly before putting out for your rubbish collection, to prevent injury.
- If you have a re-usable rubbish bag you must not put loose waste into these bags. Put your rubbish into black sacks first.
The Council has powers to fine people who do not present their waste properly.
If you need help putting your recycling or rubbish out for collection, please go to Help with putting your waste out
To find out if there is a current collection problem in your area, please go to Current Collection Problems
To report a missed collection or other problem, please go to Report it