Weekly recycling and rubbish collections are provided to all households across the area.
You can find out your collection day by entering your postcode or street name into our Services in Your Area online checker.
What can I recycle?
Remember, every extra tonne of waste needlessly going to landfill means more money needed from local taxpayer's to pay Landfill Tax charges.
There are lots of easy, convenient ways to recycle instead of throwing your waste into the rubbish. Our Recycle More 2014 guide tells you more, but here are the services at a glance.
- Blue bag cardboard collection
- Food waste collection
- Garden waste collection (fortnightly)
- Green box recycling collection, now including small electricals
- Large items
- Recycling for flats
For the waste that you cannot recycle, households must use blacks sacks, dustbins or Council issued reusable rubbish bags if your streets has them. Please do not use a wheeled bin - our vehicles are not equipped to empty them.
There are some materials that we will not pick-up in your rubbish collection. These are asbestos, DIY rubble, garden waste, hazardous waste, large items and paint. The hyperlinks provide information on what to do with these instead.
Putting out your waste
- Put out your recycling and rubbish between 8pm the night before and 7am on the day of your normal collection day. The later you can leave it the better because the chances of gulls and nocturnal animals ripping open your bags are reduced;
- If your collection is missed or there is any other problem, report it to us online or via Council Connect;
- Assisted collections for those people who find it difficult to carry their waste to the edge of their property are available upon application;
- Need a replacement container? Our online guide explains how to make a request and what to ask for.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.