A new online map highlighting West of England boosts for Bath & North East Somerset communities
Faster broadband, easier traffic flow and improvements to jobs and skills are just some of the projects highlighted in a new interactive map setting out the benefits levered-in by Bath & North East Somerset Council’s membership of the West of England Combined Authority (WECA).
The “at a glance” online system allows residents and businesses to view WECA and Council funded projects covering the Bath and North East Somerset area. It even allows residents to use postcode and ward-level information to find out more about the schemes having most impact in their communities.
The West of England Combined Authority (WECA) is made up of three local councils – Bath & North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol and South Gloucestershire- who have come together to boost the local economy, skills and infrastructure in our region.
WECA is already delivering real benefits in B&NES – and with much more to come.
That’s why we have produced this at-a-glance interactive map and guide to the projects B&NES and WECA are investing in across our communities.
To get started, simply click on the link above or enter it into your web browser. Once inside, click on the various “pins” on the map to find out:
- What the project aims to deliver
- An update on its progress
- How much it costs and where the money is coming from – some funding may be from other sources as well as B&NES and WECA
- Where it is taking place – Please note that some projects take place at very specific locations whilst others cover a wider area so an approximate location may apply in some cases.
Things to know:
- The guide provides an overview of the things that B&NES and WECA are delivering - have delivered – or are planning to deliver - in our area, rather than contain all the details about the projects themselves. More information is available on the WECA website
- The map needs to be opened in Google Chrome or Safari because it won’t work with Internet Explorer.
We hope you find the guide useful and interesting and we’d value your views.