Report a concern about a child or young person

This form replaces the old Request for Service (RFS) and C2 forms.
It is for anyone who has a concern about a child or young person.

This form can also be used to inform the local authority of a Private Fostering Arrangement - Children Act 1989: private fostering

By filling in this form you’ll be helping us decide what kind of support is most appropriate for the child, young person or family.

Warning If a child or young person is in immediate danger then please dial 999 and ask for police assistance.

If you think a child or young person is at risk of significant harm, and it’s out of hours, please call our Emergency Duty Team on 01454 61 51 65

Before you start

Make sure the child or young person lives in Bath and North East Somerset. Check to see who their local council is

To complete your referral make sure you have:

  • the name, date of birth (or estimated date of delivery) and address for each child you are including in the referral
  • the name and contact details for each parent or carer
  • information about what support has been offered to the family

To report a concern about a child who already has a social worker, you should contact the social worker or team involved or email:

For more information about our thresholds for assessment, please refer to the Threshold for Assessment document

I have read and fully understand the Privacy Policy (opens in a new tab)