The B&NES Race Panel aims to address systemic inequality, racism and discrimination which disadvantage the people of Bath and North East Somerset because of their culture, ethnicity or race. The purpose of the panel is to:
- advise and challenge B&NES public sector bodies on their work to tackle systemic inequality, racism and prevent discrimination
- increase the visibility of issues relating to race, and to recommend solutions
The panel will be made up of individuals representing B&NES communities. The way that race intersects with other personal characteristics will also be an important part of the panel's work.
Would you like to become a Race Panel member?
We are looking for panel members who:
- are passionate about tackling racial inequality and discrimination wherever they find it
- have insight or first-hand experience of the issues the panel will focus on
- have strong links with local B&NES communities
- are also able to actively seek out the voices of people who are not currently heard, and to work people with other perspectives
- will inspire BAME people to participate in civic life
- will champion the work of the panel to encourage wider participation
What panel members will be expected to do
- Commit to attending six meetings of the panel annually.
- Take part in subgroups that relate to issues pertinent to your community
- Take forward any actions that have been agreed, and report back progress to the panel in the timescales agreed
How to apply
Support completing your application
If you require support to fill out this application form, or you would prefer it in a different format, or you want to learn more about the Race Panel before you make a decision to apply, please contact Samantha Jones on 01225396364 or email email@example.com;