Your right to be heard...

What can I do if things go wrong?

We want to provide good quality service but sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens we need to know so that we can put it right and learn from what you say.

We would also like to hear from you if you have a comment or suggestion that would help us to improve the service.

Is it OK to complain?

Yes - complaining will not make things worse for you and we will do our very best to put right whatever it is that is wrong.

How do I go about it?

The quickest way to get a problem sorted out is to speak to the person who you normally contact. This might be a social worker or key worker.

You can also speak to their manager or to the Complaints Team.

The Complaints Team can be contacted in the following ways:

Complaints & Data Protection Team

Bath & North East Somerset Council

People and Communities

Children's Services

Freepost SWB10433



Tel: 01225 47 7752


Web: Secure Online Complaint Form

Or you can use the complaint form on the right of this page and send it to the Complaints Procedure Officer. When using the form it's okay not to say too much about your situation, and you can just provide your contact details.

If you have a complaint about a school you will need to contact the school direct. Please see the procedure in the related documents.

Can I have help to make my complaint?

If you are a young person you can contact Shout Out! which is the Children's Rights and Advocacy Service at Off the Record. They can also help you to contact Children's Services.

You can contact them at:


Off the Record

Open House Centre

Manvers Street



Tel: 01225 312481

Web: Off The Record

The Complaints Procedure Officer can give information to parents and carers about advocacy services.

What happens when I make a complaint?

When we have received your complaint we will try to sort it out in 10 days. When we are dealing with your complaint, we will:

  • Treat you with respect
  • Treat your complaint seriously and do our utmost to put it right as quickly as possible
  • Respect your confidentiality
  • Keep you informed about what is going on

If you are not satisfied with the answer that you get or your complaint has not been sorted out as quickly as we said it would, you can ask the Complaints Procedure Manager about moving on to the next stage of the complaints procedure.

If you decide to carry on with your complaint someone who is not connected with the service you are receiving will listen to what you have to say.

Where can I get more information?

You can get more information about the complaints procedure by contacting the Complaints Procedure Manager or Off The Record.

Complaints Procedure Manager

Tel: 01225 47 7752


Off The Record

Tel: 01225 312481

Web: Off The Record

You can also read the leaflet 'Making A Comment or Complaint'. This would also be helpful if you are an adult wanting to make a complaint on behalf of a child or young person.

If your complaint is about a service other than Children's Services, Adult Social Services or Housing, you will need to use the Council's Corporate Complaints Procedure, which is separate.

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 2.6 (8 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.