The Resident’s Discovery Card is available to adults age 18+ and children age 14+ (under 14s go free with an adult cardholder), who live within the boundaries of the Bath and North East Somerset area and pay Council Tax to Bath & North East Somerset Council.
Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult (age 18+).
Application must be made in person at either the Bath One Stop Shop in Manvers Street, the main entrance of the Roman Baths, Victoria Art Gallery, The Hollies One Stop Shop in Midsomer Norton or Keynsham One Stop Shop, Civic Centre, using the Resident’s Discovery Card application form and proof of identity, eg photocard driving licence, passport, credit card, Bath & North East Somerset Diamond Travelcard.
Proof of residence must be presented at the time of the application in paper or digital format. This may be any document from the following list: council tax bill (preferred proof of residence), latest utility bill showing the address (gas, electricity, water, telephone, television licence), with your current address, bank/mobile phone statement. No other documents are valid. Unfortunately photocard driving licences cannot be used as proof of residence as they are not always updated if a person moves outside the area. Children aged 14-18 can use a building society or mobile phone statement as proof of residence and passport as proof of ID.
- Students applying for a Card must be in full time education for a minimum of one year and resident in Bath & North East Somerset.
- The Resident's Discovery Card is not transferrable and may only be used by the person whose name and photograph appears on it. The Card may be confiscated if it is used by anyone fraudulently, and not re-issued.
- Holders of Resident's Discovery Cards will be allowed free entry to the Roman Baths, Fashion Museum and Victoria Art Gallery during normal opening hours. The Resident's Discovery Card must be presented at the ticket desk to gain free entry.
- An adult holder (age 18+) of a Resident's Discovery Card may also bring to the Roman Baths, Fashion Museum and Victoria Art Gallery, up to 2 children aged 17 or under (no photographs are necessary for children visiting with a cardholder). An adult must accompany children under age 14 at all times. Child cardholders are not permitted to bring other children under the age of 18 on their card. This Card is not suitable for schools, colleges or other organised groups.
- Resident's Discovery Cards will usually be valid for 3 years from the date of issue, but may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of Bath and North East Somerset Council. The Card remains the property of Bath and North East Somerset Council.
- The Resident's Discovery Card becomes invalid if the holder no longer has a home in the Council area and the Card should be returned to Discovery Card Enquiries, Stall Street, Bath, BA1 1LZ. Holders who move within Bath and North East Somerset must notify their change of address to Discovery Card Enquiries, Stall Street, Bath, BA1 1LZ. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a charge of £2 to replace lost or damaged cards and £5 to re-issue cards withdrawn for misuse. Proof of identify and address must be supplied.
- The Resident's Discovery Card is not valid as a form of identification for any reason other than for use at the participating attractions.
- Your personal details are held on the Resident's Discovery Card database. These details are not passed on to other organisations. We are not able to update your information using records held by other sections of the Council.
- All rights of admission reserved by participating attractions.