The Council is responsible for the maintenance of 129 signal sites and variable message signs within its boundaries.
Within Bath and North East Somerset there are two traffic signal sites that are situated on a trunk road. These sites are the responsibility of the Highways England and are located at:
- A4/A46 Batheaston By-Pass Roundabout, Bath
- A36/B3108/Brassknocker Hill, Limpley Stoke
If you have any queries regarding faults at either of these traffic signal sites please contact the Highways England Information Line on 0300 1235000.
Duties of the council
The following duties are carried out by Bath & North East Somerset Council:-
- Provide and/or approve designs for new traffic signal installations within the Bath and North East Somerset area from feasibility studies to implementation and commissioning.
- Advise on technical aspects of any contract requiring provision of traffic signal equipment.
- Take, record and action everything necessary to affect the speedy repair of any traffic signal equipment faults reported to Bath and North East Somerset.
- Check on the standard of any completed repairs.