Bath and North East Somerset boasts a huge range of sporting facilities that are open to the public, some of them of world class standard.
Bath Sports and Leisure Centre is now open for buisness following the successful completion of a £10 million refurbishment which has included a new trampoline park and a ten-pin bowling alley.
The refurbishment was completed to budget in late 2018.
The extensive programme of repairs, upgrades and new additions at Bath Sports and Leisure Centre include:
A new teaching and leisure pool
Transformation of the beach area of the fun pool into an interactive water-play area for children of all ages and abilities
New and improved changing spaces
An enhanced fitness suite
New double-storey soft play attraction
New studio space and party rooms
New leisure reception area and café/diner
A trampoline park
8-lane ten-pin bowling
Remodelled main reception space
Work has now started on the £11 million refurbishment of Keynsham Leisure Centre. This project is being delivered by the council through its chosen contractor Kier in partnership with GLL and Sport England.
For the latest on the refurbishment go to: https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/banes/keynsham-leisure-centre/keynsham-refurbishment
The investment in leisure centres in Bath, Keynsham and Culverhay will help support delivery of the council’s ambitious Fit for Life strategy, which is designed to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the area, now and into the future.
To find a facility near you click on the links below:
The following sites are managed by GLL. (call for information)
- Bath Sports and Leisure Centre (01225 486905)
- Bath Pavilion (01225 486 902)
- Odd Down Sports Ground (01225 300420)
- Keynsham Leisure Centre (01225 439680)
- Culverhay Sports Centre (01225 480882)
- Chew Valley Sports Centre (01275 333375)
- Entry Hill Golf Course (01225 834248)
- Bath Approach Golf Course (01225 331162)
For details of specific programmes and opening times please click the relevant facility above or visit http://www.better.org.uk
Independently managed sites include
Some of Bath and North East Somerset’s Schools also have Sports Centres that are open to the public. These include:-
- Ralph Allen School - 01225 832936
- Beechen Cliff School - 01225 480466
- Norton Hill Sports Centre - 01761 412136
- Hayesfield Girl's School - 01225 426151
- Prior Park Sports Centre - 01225 835353