Is a role in social care for you?
The most important part of working in social care is your values and beliefs.
There are lots of different roles in social care to choose from. You can choose to work in a residential care setting or may prefer working with people in their homes. Either way you will be supporting people to remain independent and to live their lives. Roles include:
- Care Worker / Homecare Worker
- Personal Assistant
- Support Worker
- Senior Care Assistant
- Rehabilitation and Reablement worker
What might I be doing?
These can vary from role to role, but some examples of frontline care include:
- Personal care such as washing, dressing and toileting
- Carrying out household tasks such as shopping and housework
- Working with the individual to support them with their household management such as budgeting and writing letters
- Supporting individuals with mobility or exercises
- Supporting attendance at social activities
- Preparing meals
The links to the following organisations offer much helpful further information on care and support roles: