The clerk to the Governing Body will be accountable to the Governing Body, working effectively with the chair of governors, and with the headteacher and other governors. The clerk will be responsible for advising the Governing Body on constitutional matters, duties and powers and will work within the broad current legislative framework. He/she will secure the continuity of Governing Bodies business and observe confidentiality requirements.
When you become a Clerk to Governors for a school in Bath & North East Somerset, we will email you a link to our General Information Booklet, Clerks Manual, Governor Handbook and training brochure. If your governing body subscribe to our services you will also receive a login and user name for The HUB (the Local Authority resource platform) and the latest governor newsletter.
Why Become a Clerk to a Governing Body?
- Do you have administrative experience particularly organising meetings, minute taking and record keeping?
- Do you have an interest in procedures and policies and be willing to find out things out for yourself?
- Are you interested in how a school Governing Body works and the decision making process?
- Would you like to make a valuable contribution to your community?
If so you may be able to help a Governing Body in Bath & North East Somerset and you will be paid.
- Would you like to meet other clerks to exchange information?
- Do you feel you need a refresher on some aspects of being a clerk?
- Would you like to receive the latest information on national and local developments?
We offer Clerks training sessions which are published in the training brochure for new and existing Clerks.
New Clerks Training Day
This course will give you information on:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Procedural requirements
- Information sources and resources
- Organising and recording meetings
- Managing and organising your work
- Opportunity for questions
We hope you find these pages helpful but if you need any further advice, please contact Michelle Darby or Odette Doyle on 01225 394487 or email email@example.com