Be more active
- Type in your address here to find out about your nearest parks and green spaces, allotments, fitness classes and much more.
- Find out more information on cycling here, whether you want to know about training, routes, bike loan or cycle to work schemes.
- If you are inactive and have (or are at risk of developing) other long term medical conditions. Take a look at Passport to Health, our local exercise referral service
- Join local volunteering service. We provide support for individuals looking for suitable voluntary positions as well as for organisations looking for volunteers.
- Want to get involved in addressing areas of concern in local communities? Join our connecting communities forums across the Bath and North east Somerset area
- Speak to your GP about social prescribing; a service that provides guided conversations to help you with for example; stress, low mood, debt or housing problems, bereavement or divorce, isolation or loneliness.
- Click on your nearest library to find out about local reading groups or other activities.
Reframe Unhelpful thoughts
- Visit your local library which has NHS approved self-help books on a range of mental health topics. For more information visit The Reading Agency, Reading well scheme.
Be in the present
- Many of our local parks have Tia Chi, Yoga or Mindfulness walks. Find out what’s happening in your local park here.
- Take a look at the Wellbeing College, a virtual college aimed at improving your wellbeing or visit your local sports centre for yoga courses
- Visit your local library which has NHS approved self -help books on a range of mental health topics. For more information visit The Reading Agency, Reading well scheme.
Get good sleep
- Our colleagues in Virgin Care are on hand to offer lifestyle services to help people stop smoking, get active, lose weight or introduce family eating habits through their wellness service. They also run services to help people find employment and volunteer opportunities as well providing access to a huge range of wellbeing courses. Referrals and self-referrals can be made through 0300 247 0203 or email BATHNES.email@example.com
- Check out our drink less pages. If you’re concerned about your own or someone else’s drinking talk to your GP in the first instance or contact Bath and North East Somerset’s drug and alcohol service Developing Health and Independence(DHI) on 01225 329 411.
Take action on my worries
- What’s Up? is a mental health app which includes 12 common negative thinking patterns and how to overcome them.
- For wellbeing activities click here. Feel Good Bath is another guide to health and wellbeing in B&NES – developed by a local businesswoman. Wellbeing Options is a database of information and support to help adults live independent lives in Bath and North East Somerset.
You can also refer yourself for free NHS psychological therapy services, also known as IAPT (Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies). Local charity Bath Mind also supports people to prevent mental ill health and maintain and improve well
Other services that may help:
Locally Cruse Bereavement care is a charity offering support in bath and the surrounding area.
Work and employment issues
For issues to do with work and employment visit our Achieve in Bath website.
Finding the right job or holding down a job can be particularly challenging if you have a disability, health problem or have been out of work for a while. For help contact Wellbeing Options
Relate offer relationships counselling including for people experiencing domestic abuse or violence and counselling for LGBTQ+
Caring for someone else
Discrimination and organisations that support the mental health of at-risk and marginalised groups