Bath & North East Somerset Council is supporting Every Mind Matters 2021 campaign. The campaign, run by Public Health England in partnership with NHS, is encouraging adults to take simple steps to look after their mental health.
Research shows that since the start of the Covid – 19 pandemic there has been an increase in a range of mental health conditions for adults, from low wellbeing, sleep problems and anxiety to depression. But there are things we can all do every day to support our mental health and wellbeing to get us through this challenging time.
To help you get started Every Mind Matters has launched the Mind Plan. The Mind Plan tool is an interactive quiz which takes five minutes to complete and provides tailored tips and advice to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing. To date, over 2.6 million people have already completed their own personalised plan.
As well as the Mind Plan, Every Mind Matters has also collated a list of free apps and resources to help you stress less, manage anxiety and lift your mood.
The campaign is also encouraging people of all ages who have been affected by mental health issues to connect and speak to someone. Below is a list of organisations who can help.
- Compassionate Wellbeing Hub - Helpline: 0300 247 0050 | Bathnes.firstname.lastname@example.org | www.compassioncb.org.uk/wellbeing
- Bath Samaritans - Text:116 123 | https://www.samaritans.org/branches/bath/
- Bath Mind Breathing Space - Helpline: 01225 983130 | https://www.bathmind.org.uk/what-we-do/live/breathing-space/ | Open 365 days a year between 5:30pm – 11:30pm
- Shout – Text ‘Shout’ to 85258 | https://giveusashout.org/
- Young Minds Parents Helpline – Helpline: 0808 802 5544 | https://youngminds.org.uk/
- The Mix for under 25 years olds – Helpline: 0808 808 4994 | https://www.themix.org.uk/
- Childline – Telephone: 0800 1111 | https://www.childline.org.uk/
- Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – Helpline: 0800 58 58 58 | https://www.thecalmzone.net/
“When things aren’t so good out there, make inside better.”