19th January 2018
Bath and North East Somerset Council’s Placemaking Plan was formally adopted by the Council on 13th July 2017. The Placemaking Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for the District and will be used in the determination of planning applications.
The Adopted Placemaking Plan produced in 6 volumes can be viewed below.
- The Adopted Placemaking Plan
- Volume 1 - District-wide Strategy and Policies
- Volume 2 - Bath
- Volume 3 - Keynsham
- Volume 4 - Somer Valley
- Volume 5 - Rural Areas
- Volume 6 - Appendices
- Associated Documents
- Placemaking Plan Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal (July 2017)
- Main Report
- Non-Technical Summary
- Annex A, Annex B, Annex C, Annex D, Annex E, Annex F, Annex G, Annex H, Annex I, Annex J
- The Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- Habitats Regulations Report (2017)
- The Placemaking Plan History and Timeline document contains information on the work involved in preparing and examining the Placemaking Plan.
Copies of these documents are also available to be viewed free of charge at the following locations Mondays –Thursdays (9am – 5pm), Fridays (9am - 4.30pm):
- One Stop Shop, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath BA1 1JG
- One Stop Shop, Keynsham Civic Centre, Market Walk, Keynsham, BS31 1FS
- The Hollies, High St, Midsomer Norton BA3 2DT
Copies will also be available at all Bath & North East Somerset libraries. A list of all the libraries, including information on opening hours is available on the Council’s website at www.bathnes.gov.uk/libraries
The interactive Policies Map for these documents can be accessed via the top right-hand corner of every page of the Council’s website through the Services in Your Area and ‘My Maps’ function, or directly via this link (found within the Planning Map in the Development Plan category).
To use the 'My Maps' service, once opened, to view the current policy maps:
- select 'Planning' from the 'Show Map' menu in the top-left corner
- select 'Show Map Categories' further down the left-hand side of the screen
- select 'Development Plan' to see the Policy Maps for the Placemaking Plan and other Development Plan documents
- select the mapped policies you wish to view by clicking the box to the right of each policy (we do not advise clicking the box next to the category title as this shows all the policies at once and is not easily read).
Printed/Hard copies of Policy Maps can be obtained through the Council's GIS Team, please note that there will be a charge for this service. To request a map, and for details of the cost, please contact the GIS Team on 01225 394260 or via GIS_Team@BathNES.gov.uk.