Last updated: 24th January 2020
The Core Strategy for Bath and North East Somerset Council was formally adopted by the Council on 10th July 2014 and forms part of the Development Plan for the District and will be used in the determination of planning applications submitted to the Council,
A number of policies in the Core Strategy required changes or additions to the existing Policies Map (previously known as the Proposals Map). The interactive Policies Map has been updated to reflect these changes and to reflect the agreed extension to the South Stoke Conservation Area.
The interactive Policies Map for this document can be accessed via the top right-hand corner of every page of the Council’s website through the Services in Your Area and ‘My Maps’ function (found within the Planning Map in the Development Plan category).
To use the 'My Maps' service, once opened, to view the current policy maps:
- select 'Planning' from the 'Show Map' menu in the top-left corner
- select 'Show Map Categories' further down the left-hand side of the screen
- select 'Development Plan' to see the Policy Maps for the Placemaking Plan and other Development Plan documents
- select the mapped policies you wish to view by clicking the box to the right of each policy (we do not advise clicking the box next to the category title as this shows all the policies at once and is not easily read).
Printed/Hard copies of Policy Maps can be obtained through the Council's GIS Team, please note that there will be a charge for this service. To request a map, and for details of the cost, please contact the GIS Team on 01225 394260 or via GIS_Team@BathNES.gov.uk.
The following documents are associated with the Core Strategy:
- The Adopted Core Strategy
Sustainability Appraisal incorporating Strategic Environmental Assessment Adoption Statement.
Habitats Regulations Report (July 2014)
- The Core Strategy History and Timeline
Copies of all of the above documents are also available for public inspection, free of charge within the Bath & Keynsham One Stop Shops, The Hollies in Midsomer Norton and in all public libraries in the District during opening hours, including the mobile libraries,
The Planning Inspector's final report, in which he found the Core Strategy sound subject to a number of modifications, is available below:
- The Schedule of Inspector's Recommended Main Modifications to the Submitted Core Strategy
- Annex to the Schedule of Inspector's Recommended Main Modifications to the Submitted Core Strategy - Diagram and Maps.