Last updated: 8th May 2019
The Planning Policy team is responsible for providing planning policies to guide future development in the district. These policies will be set out in the Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) listed below.
The Planning Policy Website
- To navigate through our pages please either use the Planning Policy menu on the left of the screen (or bottom on some mobile devices); or
- use the Planning Policy Index which lists all of the pages available within the Planning Policy website which is kept as up-to-date as possible.
Consultation on focused amendments to the Planning Obligations Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) and CIL Infrastructure list took place between 14th March 2019 to 25th April 2019. We are currently considering the reponses adn will produce a consultation report.
Please follow this link www.bathnes.gov.uk/developercontributions to see the background to the consultation and the consultation documents.
Highlights (click on the document image or title below to view more):
- Local Plan 2016-2036 Options consultation took place between 12th November 2018 and 7th January 2019. The consultation comments are now available to view online
- The Planning Policies Maps are available via the Services in Your Area, for more information click here.
- The Houses in Multiple Occupation SPD has been revised and the new policies adopted in November 2017
- The Placemaking Plan - Bath and North East Somerset Council’s Placemaking Plan was formally adopted by the Council on 13th July 2017.
- The Local Development Scheme (LDS) includes the published programme and timetable of forthcoming Planning Policy work. Please consult it as it is updated when the programme or schedule changes.
If you cannot find the information you want, or if any hyperlinks are broken, please contact the Planning Policy Team using the contact details available on this page.