Last updated: 9th August 2019
The Planning Policy team is responsible for providing planning policies to guide future development in the district. These policies will be set out in the Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) listed below.
The Planning Policy Website
- To navigate through our pages please either use the Planning Policy menu on the left of the screen (or bottom on some mobile devices); or
- use the Planning Policy Index which lists all of the pages available within the Planning Policy website which is kept as up-to-date as possible.
West of England Joint Spatial Plan (JSP) - The four West of England Unitary Authorities including Bath and North East Somerset Council are presently reviewing the JSP Examination Inspectors' letter dated 11th September 2019 to determine the best way forward. Link to Examination News for details. A response will be made in due course. As a consequence, the Local Plan preparation programme will also need to be reviewed.
A revised Local Development Scheme will be prepared, considered by Council and published in due course to take into account the above points.
Focused amendments to the Planning Obligations Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) were adopted on 9th August 2019. Please follow this link www.bathnes.gov.uk/developercontributions to see the background and documents:
Highlights (click on the document image or title below to view more):
- Local Plan 2016-2036 Options consultation took place between 12th November 2018 and 7th January 2019. The consultation comments are now available to view online
- The Planning Policies Maps are available via the Services in Your Area, for more information click here.
- The Houses in Multiple Occupation SPD has been revised and the new policies adopted in November 2017
- The Placemaking Plan - Bath and North East Somerset Council’s Placemaking Plan was formally adopted by the Council on 13th July 2017.
- The Local Development Scheme (LDS) includes the published programme and timetable of forthcoming Planning Policy work. Please consult it as it is updated when the programme or schedule changes.
If you cannot find the information you want, or if any hyperlinks are broken, please contact the Planning Policy Team using the contact details available on this page.