Required for most developments within one of the flood zones.  This includes developments:

* in flood zone 2 or 3 including minor development and change of use;

* more than 1 hectare (ha) in flood zone 1;

* less than 1 ha in flood zone 1, including a change of use in development type to a more vulnerable class (e.g. from commercial to residential), where they could be affected by sources of flooding other than rivers and the sea (e.g. surface water drains, reservoirs);

* in an area within flood zone 1 which has critical drainage problems as notified by the Environment Agency

Find out what flood zone you’re in (external link)

The Environment Agency's Flood Risk Standing Advice gives information to be included in a Flood Risk Assessment, depending on the type of development and location should be consulted.


Last updated: 20 March 2018

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 2.3 (4 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.