Application for planning permission
In order for your application to be accepted as valid you need to comply with the National Requirements set out here, followed by information needed to meet the Council’s Local Requirements for the validation of applications. A more detailed description of each Local Requirement document is provided by clicking on the relevant links below and where relevant, thresholds have been set to identify in what circumstances the documents are required for validation purposes.
A plan which identifies the land to which the application relates drawn to an identified scale, e.g. 1:1250, and showing the direction of North. The application site should be edged clearly with a red line. A blue line should be drawn around any other land owned by the applicant, close to or adjoining the application site. Please refer to the Planning Portal Guidance on Site Location Plans. Site location plans can be purchased from the Planning Portal website. These can also be uploaded as part of the Planning Portal online planning application process.
A copy of other plans and drawings or information necessary to describe the subject of the application including:
- Block plan of the site (e.g. at a scale of 1:100 or 1:200) showing any site boundaries
- Existing and proposed elevations (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Existing and proposed floor plans (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Existing and proposed site sections and finished floor and site levels (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Roof plans (e.g. at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
Extra copies may be requested for certain applications.
The completed Ownership Certificate (A, B, C or D – as applicable) as required by planning regulations.
Agricultural Holdings Certificate as required by planning regulations.
Design and access statement, if required
The appropriate fee
Submit a fully completed CIL Additional Information Requirement Form with your application if the proposal creates floorspace through a new building or conversion/change of use. Check the advice on completing the form.
In addition, where Ownership Certificates B, C or D have been completed, notice(s) as required by planning regulations must be given and/or published in accordance with the regulations.
All submitted plans must be to a recognised scale, plans that include the words “Do Not Scale” will not be registered.
Advice for hard copy applications -
Only 1 set of paper documents needs to be provided for all applications except majors, where 2 copies will be required if there is a Parish or Town Council. Extra copies may be requested for large scale applications.
- Accessibility Standards for Market Housing Proposals Checklist
- Affordable housing statement
- Air Quality Assessment
- Biodiversity and Geological Conservation Assessment
- Environmental Statement
- Flood risk assessment
- Flood Risk Sequential Test Evidence
- Foul Sewage Assessment
- Heritage Statement(including historical, archaeological features and Scheduled Ancient Monuments)
- Land contamination assessment
- Lighting assessment
- Noise impact assessment
- Open space assessment(Green Space Strategy)
- Planning obligations/draft Head(s) of Terms
- Planning Statement
- Economic (Regeneration) statement
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Sustainable Construction Checklist
- Transport assessment
- Travel plan (draft)
- Tree Survey/Arboricultural implications
- Ventilation/extraction statement
- Waste Management Plan - During Construction (including relevant refuse disposal details)
- Waste Management Plan – Post Construction
PLEASE NOTE: Information provided on the application form and accompanying drawings and documents will be made available on the internet.
Last updated: 10 September 2018