What it is and how to report it?

Call 999 if a crime is happening now or you're in immediate danger.

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is unacceptable.

It includes behaviour that causes harm to:

  • the environment, such as graffiti or fly-tipping
  • the community, such as noise pollution, drunken behaviour or drug taking
  • an individual, such as threatening language or aggressive behaviour

If you’re experiencing anti-social behaviour, you could try and talk to the person causing the problem. They may not realise they’re being anti-social. Only do this if you feel safe and comfortable.

The Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 defines ASB as:

(a) Conduct that has caused, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to any person,

(b) Conduct capable of causing nuisance or annoyance to a person in relation to that

person’s occupation of residential premises, or;

(c) Conduct capable of causing (housing-related) nuisance or annoyance to any person.

You can make a complaint in the following ways:

Use the online complaints form to submit your complaint now.

Contact the service concerned direct, in person, by phone, email or letter.

Contact Council Connect.

Email, telephone and web enquiries

Web: www.bathnes.gov.uk/reportit

Email: councilconnect@bathnes.gov.uk

Twitter: @ccbathnes

Telephone: 01225 39 40 41

Text (SMS): 07797 806545

What to do if the problem isn’t resolved: Community Trigger

If you’ve reported anti-social behaviour but don’t feel enough action has been taken, you can use the Community Trigger. This means the case will be reviewed by the agencies involved, such as the local authority, police, health teams and social housing providers. They will decide if any further action can be taken to sort out the issue.

You can start the Community Trigger if you’ve reported three incidents about the same problem, in the last six months. It can also be started if more than five people have made reports about the same problem in the last six months.

To start the Community Trigger process, you can:

  • Apply online through Avon and Somerset police


  • Write to Community Trigger, Community Safety, Bath and North East Somerset Council, Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5AW

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 2.7 (15 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.