If you have been asked to leave by your parents and don't have anywhere else to live please get in touch with us to talk about your situation and we will help you to plan ahead.

When to leave home is a big decision which should not be taken lightly. Although leaving home may give you more freedom, it also means you will have responsibilities that you have probably not had to deal with before.  The best way to leave home is after careful thought and planning. Leaving your parents' home if you have nowhere to go should be the very last option because you could easily end up homeless.

Remember that you won't be entitled to a home from the council and you may have to find a deposit and rent in advance for a home in the private sector.  If you're under 35 you won't get housing benefit for more than one room in a shared house and if you're a full time student, you may not be entitled to any benefits at all.

How can we help?

We can contact your parents to speak to them if you are unable to do so yourself.

We can also provide a mediation service to help to resolve any difficulties between you and your parents. 

If you have to leave then we will decide whether or not you are eligible for any emergency accommodation.

We can help you apply for supported accommodation or help you plan where to move to.

Aged 16 or 17

If you are aged 16 or 17, it is likely that Social Services will be the main service providing assistance. You can contact the Children, Young People and Families Team directly on 01225 396964/963.

The truth about leaving home  - practical help, advice and contacts for young people by young people 

Visit us

Bath, One Stop Shop

Keynsham, Riverside

Midsomer Norton, The Hollies


Out of hours social care support 

Out of hours emergencies 

Customer Service

Customer Service Standards

Customer feedback improving our service by listening to complaints, comments and improvements


Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 1.8 (5 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.