- What if my application is objected to?
- Can I appeal against a decision?
- What conditions will be attached to my licence?
- Relevant Legislation
- Customer Complaints
Vehicles which do not comply with the Council's licensing conditions will be referred to the Council’s Licensing Sub Committee for determination.
If you wish to appeal a Council decision to:
- refuse to grant an application; or
- attach any condition to the licence
you can appeal to Bath Magistrates’ Court within 21 days of being notified of the decision.
A decision of the Magistrates’ Court can be appealed to the Crown Court.
Copies of the associated conditions and policies are available at: https://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/business/taxis/policies-and-conditions
- It is a matter for each individual to ensure that they are familiar with all the relevant legislation including the current conditions of licence.
- Hackney Carriage vehicles may ply for hire, or use Hackney Carriage ranks, to stand for immediate hiring.
- Vehicles must comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and any other Act relating to motor vehicles, or any other subsequent Acts, and of the Orders and Regulations made in pursuance thereof.
- Under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, even after a vehicle has been licensed, if it is found to reveal any defect which, in the opinion of the Authorised Officer or the Police, renders it it unsuitable for public service, the Authorised Officer or the Police may serve a s68 notice on the proprietor not to use such vehicle until the defect has been remedied to the satisfaction of the said Officer or Police.
If you wish to make a complaint about a taxi driver, please use the online complaint form. If you prefer you may contact us by letter or email providing the following information:
- Driver's badge number and name
- Vehicle description including plate number
- Time and date of incident
- Location and other details of incident
- Your name and contact details
Complaints in writing/email should be marked "For the attention of the Taxi Licensing Enforcement Officer".
More pages about Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licences
National Fraud Initiative
This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form within this authority for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies administering or in receipt of public funds solely for these purposes. For further information see the Council website and look for the National Fraud Initiative under the A-Z or contact the Information and Governance Team, Guildhall, High St, Bath BA1 5AW email firstname.lastname@example.org.