Sustainable transport options
The Council encourages people to travel in the greenest way possible. By choosing sustainable transport methods you can help improve air pollution, reduce congestion and the associated noise.
There are other benefits to leaving the car at home too, including improving your health and fitness and, as petrol and diesel costs increase, you could also save money.
Go to the Parking and Travel pages for information about the full range of sustainable travel options available in Bath and North East Somerset, including buses, trains, walking and cycling, community transport and shared transport.
To help you plan your journey, whether it is by public transport, car, or walking and cycling, use a journey planning tool. Transport Direct is a comprehensive planning tool for public transport and car journeys and Traveline provides timetables and journey planners for bus, coach and rail services in the South West.
If you do need to drive, you can reduce your environmental impact by:
- Using one of the three Park and Ride sites
- Signing up to the lift-sharing club - the website is free to use
- Join the City Car Club - Bath is part of the UK network of self-service cars in reserved bays that can be booked for as little as 30 minutes.
- When buying a new or used car choosing a fuel-efficient model could give you big savings
- Follow the fuel-efficient driving tips - it's not just about the car you drive, it is the way you drive it too that could save you money on your fuel bills and reduce wear and tear.
Electric vehicle charging
Bath and North East Somerset Council work with Source West to provide electric vehicle charger points in Bath and North East Somerset. Click for information on charger point locations.