Climate change is one of the biggest challenges we face and tackling it will require involvement from everyone - residents, community groups, businesses, and the public sector. Bath and North East Somerset Local Strategic Partnership is committed to helping to reduce carbon emissions across the district by 45% by 2026.
Support is open to all community groups based within Bath and North East Somerset who would like to reduce carbon emissions through energy saving or renewable energy projects. A range of support, materials, training and equipment is already available to help you get started.
No need to register, all you have to do is get in touch.
Email: Sustainability@bathnes.gov.uk. Tel: 01225 477528.
Assistance can be tailored to your groups’ needs, but could include:
- Planning your activities and getting started
- Help with organising events and activities
- Funding advice
- Signposting to expert help and resources
- Supporting basic energy audits
You may want someone to come and speak or give a presentation at your meeting or event about energy related topics:
- Saving energy and saving money
- Climate change
- Renewable energy technologies – an overview
- Community Energy Projects
Some energy related training can be delivered in-house such as:
- Basic Home Energy Awareness – an introduction
- Creating an Energy Plan for your community
- Organising a community energy project
- Using electricity monitors
- Introduction to renewable technologies
Funding may be available for more specific, in-depth training
Your group can borrow existing resources:
- Electricity Monitors – whole house and single appliance monitors
- Insulation samples
- Draught-proofing samples and gadgets
- Energy saving gadgets
- Factsheet leaflets from CSE, and other leaflet resources
- Energy Saving light bulb display
If we don’t already have the equipment your group needs, we may be able to help you access it.
Email: Sustainability@bathnes.gov.uk. Tel: 01225 477528