For most working-age customers who are making a new claim for help towards paying rent or have a change in their circumstances, Housing Benefit payments are being replaced by Universal Credit in this area. Use the Universal Credit postcode checker on the GOV.UK website to find out whether you’ll need to apply for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit.  

People of pension age are not affected by this change and can still apply for Housing Benefit.

Council Tax Support is available for people who need help to pay their Council Tax. This is still provided by the Council and is not part of Universal Credit. 

Downloadable forms & leaflets

The best way to get advice or information about making a claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support is to get in touch with the Benefits team. 

You can visit us in person at One Stop Shops in BathKeynsham or Midsomer Norton. Or contact us by telephone during office hours* on 01225 47 77 77, or email

(*office hours are: Mon, Tues & Thurs 8:30am - 5.00pm, Weds 9:30am - 5:00pm and Fri 8:30am - 4:30pm)

More information




Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 2 (1 vote)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.