Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

If you don't agree with a decision that we have made about your claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, you can either ask us to reconsider our decision and we will look at your claim again, or you can ask for an appeal. 

Please write to:
Lewis House
Manvers Street

Or email: benefits@bathnes.gov.uk

You normally have one calendar month from the date of our decision letter to do this. You may lose your right to a reconsideration or appeal if you do not write to us within this time.

In your letter you should say that you would like us to look at your claim again and why you think our decision is wrong. We aim to look at your letter and give you a reply within ten working days. We will either confirm our original decision or tell you how we have changed it.

If we decide that our original decision was right but you still disagree with it, you have the right to make an appeal to an independent tribunal. You will be sent a leaflet and form with our letter that gives you full details of your rights and how to make an appeal. Please read the leaflet carefully and follow the instructions that it gives you for completing the appeal form.

Universal Credit

If you disagree with a decision about your Universal Credit claim you will need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Visit the GOV.UK website for more information.

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 1.3 (3 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.