Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer
OFSTED/Care Quality Commission (CQC) Local Area Inspection for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
As part of the Children and Families Act 2014, all Local Authorities are required to publish a Local Offer of the support and services we expect to be available for children and young people aged 0 – 25 with Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Disability (SEND), across Bath and North East Somerset.
Our Local Offer for special educational needs and disabilities is Rainbow Resource, which you can visit by clicking the link above or the logo below.
Our Local Offer provides a wealth of information for children and young people aged 0 – 25 and their families, including:
- Benefits and Funding
- Education (Early Years, Schools and SEN Support)
- Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments and Plans
- Social Care
- Preparing for Adulthood (14 years plus)
- Information, Advice and Support
- Mediation and Complaints
- Events, Activities and Groups
- SEND Home to School Transport
- Ability to search for information about schools, further education and sources of support for children and young people with SEND
You can find feedback received about our Local Offer/Rainbow Resource plus our SEND Position Statement outlining the Bath and North East Somerset Local Area approach, strengths and areas for improvement regarding the SEND agenda on our You Said, We Did page.