- What if my application is objected to?
- Can I appeal against a decision?
- What conditions will be attached to my licence?
- Relevant Legislation
- Customer Complaints
Vehicles which do not comply with the Council's licensing conditions will be referred to the Council's Licensing Sub Committee for determination.
If you wish to appeal a Council decision to:
- refuse to grant an application; or
- attach any condition to the licence
you can appeal to Bath Magistrates’ Court within 21 days of being notified of the decision.
A decision of the Magistrates’ Court can be appealed to the Crown Court.
- Copies of the associated conditions and policies are available at: https://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/business/taxis/policies-and-conditions
- It is a matter for each individual to ensure that they are familiar with all the relevant legislation including the current conditions of licence.
- Private Hire vehicles must be pre-booked through a licenced Private Hire Operator adn shall not ply for hire or use the Hackney Carriage stands at any time.
- Vehicles must comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and any other Act relating to motor vehicles, or any other subsequent Acts, and of the Orders and Regulations made in pursuance thereof.
- Under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, even after a vehicle has been licenced, if it is found to reveal any defect which, in the opinion of the Authorised Officer or the Police, renders it it unsuitable for public service, the Authorised Officer or the Police may serve a s68 notice on the proprietor not to use such vehicle until the defect has been remedied to the satisfaction of the said Officer or Police.
If you wish to make a complaint about a taxi driver, please use the online complaint form. If you prefer you may write or email us providing the following information:
- Driver's badge number and name
- Vehicle description including plate number
- Time and date of incident
- Location and other details of incident
- Your name and contact details
Complaints in writing/email should be marked "For the attention of the Taxi Licensing Enforcement Officer".
More pages about Private Hire Vehicle Licences