If you want to do any of the following licensable activities you will need a licence:

  • Sell alcohol by retail
  • Supply hot food or hot drink after 23:00 or before 05:00 on any day.  This includes takeaways, caf├ęs, mobile hot food vans and any other venue providing hot food or hot drink
  • Provide regulated entertainment such as performance of a play, exhibition of a film, indoor sporting events, boxing and wrestling, live or recorded music (or similar) and performance of dance (or similar)

You still need a licence even if the activities are for charity.

Large scale events which are likely to attract over 500 people will also require a Premises Licence.

Find out more about licensable activities

More pages about Premises Licences

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 4.3 (4 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.