The Register Office for Bath and North East Somerset is housed in the Guildhall. This grand Georgian Grade 1 listed building is conveniently situated in the heart of the city. The Register Office has three beautiful licenced rooms for the celebrations of civil partnership and marriage within this magnificent building, the Russell, the Abbey View and the Alkmaar Room. You can also have a small Register Office ceremony held in one of the Registrar's offices.
For further information on these rooms or to book, please contact the register office on 01225 477 234 or email email@example.com.
Register Office Ceremony
This ceremony is ideal for those couples wishing to have an extremely quiet ceremony or for those looking to complete their legal marriage or civil partnership and have another ceremony celebration afterwards.
The ceremony is for the couple and two witnesses only and no enhancements are offered.
The price of the Register Office Ceremony is £46 plus £45 non-refundable booking fee.
Certificates are £11 each.
The ceremony is only available on Tuesday & Wednesday mornings at 09:30 and 10:30am
When giving notice of marriage or civil partnership for this type of ceremony, please record the venue as "Bath and North East Somerset Register Office"
Legal Words for Marriage
- A. I do solemnly declare that I know not of any lawful impediment why I ........may not be joined in matrimony to........
- B. I declare that I know of no legal reason why I........may not be joined in marriage to........
- C. By answering"I am" to the following question "Are you........ free lawfully to marry........
The Contracting Words
- D. I call upon these persons here present to witness that I........do take thee........to be my lawful wedded wife/husband
- E. I........take you........to be my wedded wife/husband
- F. I........take thee........to be my wedded wife/husband
Fees and Charges
|Marriage/Civil Partnership and non-statutory ceremony booking fee||£45 non-refundable booking fee taken at the time of booking|
|Marriage and Civil Partnership Certificates||£11 each|
|Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership||Statutory fee of £35 each person|
- Ceremonies booked within 2 months of the ceremony date must be paid in full at the time of booking
- Cancellation - Ceremony fees will only be refunded up to 2 months before the date of the ceremony. All cancellations must be made in writing to the Superintendent registrar; we will then contact you to arrange a refund to the original debit or credit card used.
Please Note: - We are unable to conduct ceremonies on Christmas Day or New Year's Day
Fees are subject to review and possible increase in line with Council Policies on the 1st April each year