COVID-19 update: 23rd February 2021
Step 1(2nd Stage) - From 29th March 2021: Weddings and Civil Partnerships will be able to proceed with a legal limit of 6 attendees but no longer limited to 'exceptional circumstances'.
Step 2 - No earlier than 12 April 2021: Weddings and Civil Partnerships will be able to proceed with a legal limit of 15 attendees.
Step 3 - No earlier than 17 May 2021: Weddings and Civil Partnerships will be able to proceed with a legal limit of 30 attendees.
Step 4 - No earlier than 21 June 2021: No legal limit on attendees (subject to the outcome of the scientific Events Research Programme)
The number allowed to attend includes the couple, witnesses and guests, but those working, such as registration officials and venue managers are not included.
Please do not turn up with additional guests as they will be turned away.
You can change your ceremony date free of charge with us - please speak to your venue, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us to apply to reduce the waiting period (if needed).
The Guildhall Ceremony Rooms
This grand Georgian Grade 1 listed building is conveniently situated in the heart of the city. The Register Office for Bath and North East Somerset is housed in the Guildhall and has three beautiful licenced rooms for the celebrations of civil partnership and marriage within this magnificent building:-
- Russell Room (Covid-19 restrictions are in place, please call The Register Office for details)
- Abbey View Room (Covid-19 restrictions are in place, please call The Register Office for details)
- Alkmaar Room (Covid-19 restrictions are in place, please call The Register Office for details)
When giving notice of marriage or civil partnership for this type of ceremony, please record the venue as 'The Guildhall'
For further information on these rooms or to book, please contact The Register Office on 01225 477 234 or email email@example.com.
Bath and North East Somerset Register Office Ceremony
This ceremony is ideal for those couples wishing to have a simple legal ceremony.
The ceremony is for the couple and two witnesses only and no enhancements are offered.
This ceremony is only available on Monday - Thursday mornings at 09:30, 10:00 and 10:30am.
When giving notice of marriage or civil partnership for this type of ceremony, please record the venue as 'Bath and North East Somerset Register Office'
Legal Words for Marriage
The Declaratory Words
- A. I do solemnly declare that I know not of any lawful impediment why I ........may not be joined in matrimony to........
- B. I declare that I know of no legal reason why I........may not be joined in marriage to........
- C. By answering"I am" to the following question "Are you........ free lawfully to marry........
The Contracting Words
- D. I call upon these persons here present to witness that I........do take thee........to be my lawful wedded wife/husband
- E. I........take you........to be my wedded wife/husband
- F. I........take thee........to be my wedded wife/husband
|Marriage/Civil Partnership and non-statutory ceremony booking fee||£45 non-refundable, payable at the time of booking|
|Marriage and Civil Partnership Certificates||£11 each|
|Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership||Statutory fee of £35 each person|
- Ceremonies booked within 2 months of the ceremony date must be paid in full at the time of booking
- Cancellation - Ceremony fees will only be refunded up to 2 months before the date of the ceremony. All cancellations must be made in writing to the Superintendent registrar; we will then contact you to arrange a refund to the original debit or credit card used.
Fees are subject to review and possible increase inline with Council Policies on the 1st April each year