Garden waste and Christmas trees collections
There are NO garden waste collections from Monday 3 December 2018 to Friday 25 January inclusive.
Normal garden waste collections start again on Monday 28 January.
Please take your Christmas trees to our Recycling Centres or they can be put out for collection free of charge on garden waste collection days between 28th January and the 8th February.
Recycle more this Christmas
Much of your Christmas waste will be recyclable - so please make full use of the food waste bin, green box and blue bag recycling collections.
- Turkey bones & sprout peelings. Cooked and uncooked food waste
- Wrapping paper (White backed wrapping paper. No glitter or foil).
- Tins and cans
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Glass bottles and jars (mincemeat jars)
- Foil (mince pie cases)
- Want to recycle your Christmas jumper? Don’t forget you can put that, and other textiles, in a carrier bag in your recycling box
- Small electricals (broken fairy lights)
- Batteries, mobile phones, printer cartridges, spectacles, engine oil and car batteries
- Cardboard and brown paper - When it’s time to take the Christmas cards down, these can be recycled in your blue bag providing they are not shiny or glittery
Go a little further this Christmas…
Walkers Crisps have announced that they are aiming to make all their packaging 100% recyclable, compostable or biodegradable by 2025. In the meantime, they've partnered with recyclers TerraCycle to make it easier to recycle their crisp packets and reduce the impact they have on the environment. Terracycle are also collecting those harder to recycle items such as toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes, biscuit and snack packets. Visit here for more information.
Severe weather - What to do
Our crews work hard to maintain usual services during severe weather, but sometimes delays do happen when roads are icy and driving conditions hazardous particularly for large, heavy vehicles.
We don’t take decisions to delay services lightly, but must consider the safety of our crews, pedestrians and other road users.
If severe weather continues for a long period please check our Current Collection Problems page for updates and our facebook page www.facebook.com/recycleforbathnes and https://twitter.com/bathnes and local radio and media.