Bath and North East Somerset Cultural Strategy 2011-2026
The Bath and North East Somerset Cultural Strategy 2011-26 contains the following information:
- the role of culture in the district in 2011
- ambitions for culture in the district by 2026
- evidence of need and the drivers for development and change
- the role that culture can play in development and change
- partnerships and resources required to achieve this
- the local, regional and national policy context for culture
- an implementation plan with measurable steps for monitoring progress
The purpose of the Cultural Strategy is to set out the importance of culture to the life of our district and to provide a framework for the development of cultural events activities and resources that will:
- enable further development of existing activities and services
- encourage new and different activities
- assist in widening their relevance and appeal
- build wider partnerships and cultural networks that will strengthen community bonds, build understanding and friendships
- bring a unique flavour to the district that will:
- encourage more visitors;
- contribute to growing economic strength;
- further develop civic pride and pride in the community
- build capacity within the ‘not for profit’ and voluntary sector
The Strategy concludes that culture touches the lives of everyone in Bath and North East Somerset, whether local residents, local businesses, or visitors. Participation in heritage, sports, arts, leisure-time activities and hobbies of all kinds contribute to the character and quality of the district, enabling people to celebrate, grow, learn, think and debate.
The Strategy demonstrates the importance of culture to the economic life and prosperity, health and wellbeing of Bath and North East Somerset.
Read the Strategy
You can download a copy of the full strategy from the Documents section on the right-hand side of this page.
Read the Strategy Review, May 2013
A progress review of the Cultural Strategy was undertaken in May 2013 and can be downloaded from the documents section on the right-hand side of this page.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.