Purpose of the review
The Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) is conducting an electoral review of Bath and North East Somerset Council (B&NES).
The review has two aims, which are to identify:
- The correct number of councillors for the Council
- Where the boundaries should be set for this number
The review does not cover the outline boundary of the authority. Neither will it change the outline boundaries of Parish Councils within B&NES. The review may, however, recommend changes to Parish Wards.
For more information about the LGBCE, including details of current review, please see https://www.lgbce.org.uk/
Role of the Local Authority
B&NES has a key role to play in supporting the review in providing information to the committee in support of the review and will make its views known through a submission of its own.
Key supporting documents
The following are key documents we are publishing during the course of the review and will form part of the Council's submission;
Background Materials and Presentations (given by LGBCE on 20/02/2017)
- BANES Electoral Review 2017 - briefing for full Council February 2017 (.docx)
- BANES Electoral Review 2017 - a guide for Councillors (.docx)
Evidence collected by the Council for the preparation of its submission will be published in line with the Council's existing Open Data Policy to support other parties in the preparation of submissions to the LGBCE.
- Parish to Connecting Communities Forum alignment (April 2017) (.xls)
- Results and key findings of Elected Member questionnaire (April 2017) (.pdf)
- Summary of first evidence review - including dates of key governance changes and future considerations (20/03/2017) (.pdf)
- Registered electors by postcode (December 2016) (.xls)
- Ward to Parish alignment (December 2016) (.xls)
- Electoral Registration Statistics for wards, parishes and polling district (December 2016) (.xls)
- Ward registered electorate density (December 2016) (.xls)
- Elected members and date of first election (March 2016) (.xls)
- Polling District Maps (2015) - Hosted by Bath:Hacked open data community.
- Headline electorate statistics, including no. Councillors, size and ratios for B&NES and statistically similar local authorities (2015) (.xls)
The Council has to provide electorate forecasts to the LGBCE as part of its submission. To aid effective local debate and the development of local positions provisional forecasts will be released in the runup to the final submission. These releases are released in draft only and are subject to alteration at any time.
- Electorate Forecasting 17/18-22/23 : Provisional methodology and results, Ward, Parish and Polling District (V0.2 - Last edited 21/04/2017)
- Electorate Forecasting 17/18 - 22/23: Provisional methodology and results, Ward, Parish and Polling District (V0.1 - Last Edited 20/03/2017) (.xls) - SUPERCEDED